Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The End of a Long Semester

I took my last final today. It was a doozy and it didn't go very well at all. I am glad that i won't have to take any more theatre history classes for the rest of my life!! There is so much information packed into 4 tests during a semester. The class doesn't even have a comprehensive final exam because there is too much information to put into one test. That one test would take 4 hours to complete! Other than that, i have turned in all my papers and things and hopefully will be leaving tomorrow after i get checked out of my sorority house for the break. On Friday, my two best friends and I are going to Pickwick to have a little girls weekend to wind down after all of our finals are over. I can't worry about what things are looking like coming out of this semester and i won't. It is in the hands of the faculty now. Next semester, I am taking Intermediate Acting II, Stage Combat, Period Acting Styles I, Ballet I, and Intermediate Makeup. I will also get credit hours for acting in the mainstage production of A Streetcar Named Desire. I am very excited about the semester ahead. I will be learning a lot about how to act in classical pieces, get some Suzuki training under my belt, build a makeup portfolio (a Makeup Morgue as we call it), and get experience acting onstage here at Southern Miss for the first time. My sorority sisters are all excited for me and are going to come and see me perform in March! I love all of them. I hope to be posting more frequently seeing as i have a good long Christmas Break ahead of me. Finally, able to relax a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment