Saturday, July 24, 2010

Loving Life the Way It Is

So, i have come to the conclusion that i am a person who has always desparately grasped for a bit of control in different aspects of my life. Whether it be in my acting, my love life, or anything else, i have always wanted that sense of control over something. I was cleaning out my room the other day and found a saying that i had written down long ago. It says, "God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change; Courage to change the things i can; and the wisdom to know the difference." Well, i have not used the wisdom to tell the difference in a long time and it has caused me undue stress in my life. Now that i am looking at my senior year of college and wondering where i will end up by this time next year, i have decided to stop sweating the small stuff and to let my heart lead the way. Wherever i am meant to be, i am trusting that God will lead me there. I large weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and, instead of looking at my senior year with fear and uncertainty, i am looking at it with excitement and impatience for it to begin.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to let go of control... we both have that in common!!

    ReplyDelete